Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Sunday, August 29, 2004

A Few Thoughts on NYC Protesters

First, they need to come up with some new original slogans. I watched C-SPAN for a couple hours today and here is what I saw: A lot of really ugly people, signs of "Bush=Liar", lots of tie dye hippie looking people, cops laughing at the protesters, people yelling "Fox News sucks"(hint to Fox News...keep up the good work!...it's working), tired slogan of "hey hey ho ho George Bush has to go", people carrying a big Palestinian flag yelling "intifada"( I wonder if that means for them that they side with terrorists, after all, that's what Hamas is all about, just wondering), the usual feminist suspects carrying NOW and "keep abortion legal" signs, lots of dudes kissing and holding hands, a small bonfire, 1000 fake flag draped coffins...I wonder why they didn't have 3000 coffins of the people that died on 9/11/2001...makes me wonder, etc,etc. I could go on, but you get the picture. Isn't it funny that the Republicans let all the freak protestors walk right by our convention venue and the Democrats didn't let protestors even near the Fleet center for their convention. For the last few years we keep hearing about dissent being stifled and John Ashcroft taking away all of our rights, I'd say today that the freaks had the run of the city. They had their protest. They didn't get silenced. I hope they keep this in mind next time they bitch about civil rights being taken away.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I appreciate your comments My Unemployment( are you really unemployed?). I'm not homophobic. Whatever those guys want to do in their own house is their business. The issue of gay marriage should be left to the states ideally. I was just commenting on what I saw on C-SPAN. I respect your opinions. I just wish liberals like yourself who preach tolerance would be so towards conservatives. Otherwise you just look hypocritical.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home