Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Friday, May 09, 2014

More 74th AD Mail and Race Update

Keith Curry was in my mailbox again the other day with a piece pulling at GOPers heart strings...old pictures of him with Ronald Reagan and the statue Newport Beach put up to honor him. As a salesman, I know that people buy on emotion and not logic when they make a decision. They justify it with logic later. That's why I think this is a good mailer even though most us know that Mr Curry is hardly a Ronald Reagan. Reagan would have never banned fire pits. Emanuel Patrascu tells me he has other mail coming out. Still no mail from from Matthew Harper but I did get some slate mailers with him on them. The clock is ticking. I received my absentee ballot in the mail today. As far as the Dem candidates go, there are a lot of Anila Ali signs up around UCI and my part of Irvine but I don't know if she has done any mail. Karina Onofre is sending out press releases about how she is helping to bring the Clippers to OC. How that relates to running a campaign I have no idea. After seeing her performance at the Feet To The Fire Forum a few weeks ago, all I can say is she is not ready for prime time and that's being kind. My guess at this point is that the Nov runoff will be Curry versus Ali.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home