Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Friday, May 31, 2013

Dipping My Toes Back Into The OC Blogosphere

I think the time is right to start back up Powder Blue Report. As usual, there is a lot of stuff happening behind the scenes in OC political circles, but hardly any of it is getting reported on or talked about. I think to start back out, I wanna try to post at least two or three stories a week. I believe that original content is king. So to that end, look for my usual inside scoops and insights into what is happening locally. My take is that the local political class has become way too fat and happy as of late. If I can make them sweat and worry that their scheming and plotting may get exposed to the light of day, then I will have done a public service. This should be the job of the biggest daily paper here locally, i.e the Register, but since they don't seem to be digging very deep into what's happening locally, if at all, then that basically leaves Scott Moxley of the OC Weekly as the only really credible investigative journalist for over three million people. That's not acceptable to me and it shouldn't be acceptable to everyone else as well. The plan is to post original content on this space and link it to effective social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. This column should serve as a warning to the all the power hungry, thin skinned, control freak politicians and power brokers.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Dan Chmielewski said…

    This column should serve as a warning to the all the power hungry, thin skinned, control freak politicians and power brokers.

    thin-skinned would include you chief; any mirrors in your house?

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Actually Dan you were warned many times over about your constant off topic negativity. You can troll all you want over here but at least my Facebook friends won't have to read your drivel on my personal wall anymore.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Stand up to Unions said…

    Allan, once you start shedding light on unions, Dan will be drivelling all over the place. Please do not block him. It is entertaining to watch him

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I blocked him from my Facebook page and Twitter. He knows why. I gave him multiple warnings but he just couldn't help himself. However, I will post most of his comments here because I can moderate them before they go up. As long as he sticks to the topics and doesn't make personal insults, I will gladly keep him around. It's okay to disagree with each other. I just ask that the discussion be kept civil. He couldn't stick to that over on my Facebook wall. My theory is zebras don't change their stripes. We will see what happens.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Paul Lucas said…

    Dude block that scumbag dan C. He actually contacted Kelly Thomas' dad over the oC weeklys cover of where the back people at and focused on the charicature of cops beating a guy with a red beard. How in the world can this scumbag live with himself to stoop to such low depths to further his spat with Gustavo at the oc weekly?

     
  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    His and everyone else's comments here are moderated before they go up. If he gets off topic or starts in with his personal insults, then he will lose his privilege to comment over here.

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Anonymous oh Danny boy said…

    Isn't Dan a County employee? If my employer ever found out I posted what Dan doea I would be fired for beach of a morality clause. Sad that he behaves rhe way he does and there is no accountability.

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    He's not a county employee.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home