Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Friday, December 28, 2007

Rolling With Grover Cleveland Fans

The second meeting/party of the Grover Cleveland Social Club was held last night in downtown Fullerton. It appeared that a great time was had by all. You can't beat a night of tasty food, adult beverages, and cigars with opinion leaders, local elected officials and friends from all around Orange County & Southern California.

Register columnist Tibor Machan spoke to us about the duty of police officers to protect our individual rights and not to enforce ridiculous laws.

Another highlight was Orange Mayor Carolyn Cavecche breaking out one of her Grover Cleveland fight songs that she learned as a child. How she remembered this I will never know, but damn it was good and she received a standing ovation. Look out American Idol.

As the night was ending, it was decided by some in attendence that wouldn't it be great if we could get Ron Paul to come out here to OC at this venue we were at last night for a great big fundraiser/party before the big February 5th California Presidential Primary. I'd love to see that happen. I was also told that many other local elected officials would come out of the woodwork to endorse Ron at this event. I can't say who yet, but it is some big names in OC government.

Art Pedroza of The Orange Juice Blog was also there last night. Check out his report here

2 Comments:

  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Claudio said…

    I read Art's post as well. I like the concept and the bi-partisan makeup of the crowd. Hopefully I will be deemed worthy to attend one day.

    Since it is non-partisan and the theme of this organization is about people truly sticking to their principles, how about a joint Ron Paul/Kucinich gathering. Those are two men who truly stick to their principles no matter what. It makes sense why they are such good friends.

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've heard that Ron & Dennis are good friends. That doesn't surprise me either. I think both of them are appearing together this Friday at some forum. I read it this morning somewhere. I think I could swing getting you an invite for the next one :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home