Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, December 17, 2007

Ron Paul Tea Party Aftershocks

What a wild day yesterday. Ron Paul is now the six million dollar man...$6.4 million to be official. He has now raised over $18.2 million for the 4th quarter. The commenter who won the one ounce silver liberty dollar is Hasan who guessed 6.5 million. Hasan...send me an email so we can exchange info.

Last night, Lynn and I attended the first annual OC CRA Christmas party at Emerald Bay Restaurant in Santa Ana. The topic dejour all night was Ron Paul's fundraising numbers for the day. I think it's starting to set in for a lot of traditional/establishment Republicans what kind of grassroots force is out there right now for Ron. I was like a little kid in a candy store at the dinner table checking my treo every ten minutes or so for updates on the fundraising numbers.


The highlight of the night was getting to see a bunch of people from the party get dressed up in traditional Vietnamese gear for a mini fashion show. Lynn was described by the narrator as wearing the "yellow color outfit symbolizing the queen". If that ain't art imitating real life, I don't know what is. That's Debra Pauly in the front of the line, Lynn in the yellow, Steve Knoblock behind her, and Neil Blaise in the blue.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Claudio said…

    Congrats to the $6 Million Dollar Man. You "bloggers and spammers" are sure organized.

     
  • At 10:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It'a amazing how much money a candidate can raise when you have a great message and solid proven track record supporting freedom. I hope some in my party will learn from this. I know how I'll be raising money if I ever run for anything in my life.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home