Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Irvine Man Wins Power Lunch With Warren Buffett

Every year Warren Buffet auctions off on Ebay an opportunity to dine with him at Smith & Wollensky's Steak House in New York City. This years winner is a fellow Irvine resident Mohnish Pabrai. He ended up being the high bidder at over $650k. Mr. Pabrai get to bring along seven others to join him. It's a great opportunity to dine with the best money manager/investor of the past fifty years. I may not agree much with Warren's political beliefs(he's fairly liberal you could say), but I have to give him props for his business acumen. Mr. Buffet donates the proceeds of the auction to the Glide Foundation which is a San Francisco based group that helps out the homeless.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allan
    Sorry to see that you got out bid again this year.

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    If I ever spent $650k on a lunch, there would be an investigation. This guy is a great money manager. Look him up. He's averaged 30% annual compounded returns since 1999.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm just thinking aloud here. I wonder how much it would cost to have lunch with Mohnish Pabrai?

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Agent Orange said…

    "I'm just thinking aloud here."

    I go eve further -- I wonder how much it would cost to have lunch and sex with Paris Hilton.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home