Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Thoughts On Last Night

Lynn and I attended the Harkey party over at Tentation Ultra Lounge last night in Newport Beach. We got there at about 8pm and the place was already filling up with the who's who of the OC political scene. As I was making mental notes of who I saw and who was talking to whom, the time had arrived to know what the score of the game was after the first round of absentees. The fact that word was not spreading through the crowd by 8:15pm about the results had me concerned. Things must not be going our way. I finally was able to introduce myself and speak with John Lewis about some numbers over at the bar. He was somber. When I first learned of the results, I was a little dumbfounded myself. Diane was down by about 800 votes. Armed with those numbers, I knew it was going to be a long night. Fast forward to this morning...Diane is still down by over 500 votes with about 5000 absentee votes left to post. In the words of Apollo 13 astronaut Jim Lovell....Houston we have a problem. I hope the difference can be made up, but my gut is telling me that my new Senator is Tom Harman.

We did have a fun time last night though. It's amazing what starting this blog has turned into for me. Someone told me at the start of the party that people I had never met, would know who I am because they have read Powder Blue Report. I just kinda laughed and thought no way. Well as the night wore on, it turns out that a lot of the party intelligencia have been reading my blog! Damn. I just want to say thanks to everyone who thinks I have something worth reading and clicking on every now and then. Anyway, I had a chance to put a voice and a face with a lot of names that I have known about for a while. I especially want to give a shout out to "Commie Girl" or errr Rebecca of the OC Weekly. She was there mingling with everyone and it was great to get to meet her finally.

Finally, this is a partial list of people that I saw and/or spoke with at the party: John Campbell & some of his staffers(Lou Penrose, Chris Palmer), Pat Bates, Cassie DeYoung, Mike McGill & his wife, Chuck & Diane Devore, Frank Mickadeit, John Lewis, Ed Royce, Jim Righeimer & daughters, John Moorlach, Bill Campbell, Mark Bucher, Matt Harper, Jon Fleischman & fiancee Maureen(congratulations by the way to the two on their engagement, Maureen was sporting a nice sized rock on her finger), OC NRA guru Howard Hull, Nicolas Romero, Ryan Gene Williams, Jeff Coreless & his finacee Virginia, Sergio Prince, Ron & Charlene Hatakeyama-Wildermuth, Chriss Vliss, Keith & Terry Short, and many more.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Whoever the person is posting anonymous comments about "Commie Girl" Rebecca or anyone else for that matter....quit trying to hide behind anonymity and posting obscene comments. I will not tolerate it and I will delete every one of em'.

     
  • At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    well, now I'm dying to know what they were!

    Becca

     

Post a Comment

<< Home