Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Friday, January 20, 2006

Fountain Valley Chamber of Commerce Dinner

Tonight was the Fountain Valley Chamber of Commerce's annual legislative dinner mixer/party. I was invited to attend by a fellow Huntington Beach business associate. He said there would be lots of local politicians there to rub elbows with so who was I to say no. It turned out to be another interesting evening. Here are the people that were there: Van Tran, Dana Rohrabacher, John Moorlach, Jim Righeimer & his wife, Bill Hunt, one of Arnold's spokesholes(can't remember her name), and of course all the Fountain Valley elected officials. Me being the new kid on the block so to speak, I wanted to introduce myself to as many people as possible. I managed to talk to all the local politicians except for Con. Rohrabacher. I wanted to have a little chat w/him about his buddy Jack Abramoff and tell him to stop defending guys like this and start representing your constituents instead. I can say unequivically that blogs like mine, OC Blog, Flashreport and others are having an affect on the way business is done in a big way. Blogs are basically a political futures market. Whenever there is information now that has the potential to change the political conventional wisdom, it is reported on the blogs first usually. That is a very good thing as far I'm concerned. I don't want to have to wait for the morning paper to find out what happened a day and half ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home