Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Stars Are Aligning For A Huge Bull Market In Commodities

As most of you, I am licensed series 3 commodities broker. I feel it is my duty to not only inform people on my blog, but tell you about good investment opportunities as well. I have been in this business for almost ten years now. During that time commodities were and still are treated like the proverbial "red headed step child" of the investment world. Most of the people I speak with and interact with have never even thought about investing in commodities or they have heard from a friend "losing their shirt" in commodities. The fact of the matter is that everything moves in cycles in the investment world. Usually those cycles last for about fifteen years on average. Right now we are in a secular bear market in stocks. Real estate is at the top of its cycle. Bonds/interest rates are on their way up which makes them poor investment choices. What's a prudent investor to do? Where should they be putting some of their investment dollars at work?

I come from the Benjamin Graham school of investing. He was the master of "value investing". His book "The Intelligent Investor" is the bible for investing as far as I'm concerned. One of the greatest money managers of all time, Warren Buffet is one of his students. What I'm basically saying is that commodities are extremely undervalued right now. Most people should have some form of raw materials/commodities in their investment portfolio going forward right now. There are a lot of ways to to accomplish that. If anyone is interested in talking some more about this, give me a call at my office this week and we'll talk. The number is (888)959-9955.

A good primer book about the opportunity in commodities right now is "Hot Commodities" by Jim Rogers

1 Comments:

  • At 12:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    No Chaz, I am not using astrology. If it worked to make money though, I'd use it in a heartbeat. You might be thinking of Jake Bernstein. He is that sort of seasonal trade guru.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home