Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

See Ya Johnny

I should have some sympathy for the passing of Johnie Cochran, but I just don't. He singlehandedly pushed back race relations in Los Angeles for a generation. He will forever be known for the being the lead attorney defending O.J Simpson. He could have been Pope or brought world peace and he would still be known as the guy who got O.J off. I will not miss the guy. I do think he was a brilliant attorney and if I was ever in a bind I would probably want someone like him representing me, but he crossed the line in the O.J case. Last I heard, "the Juice", was still searching for the real killer on golf courses down in the southern Florida region. Even his long time friend and co-counsel on the case, Robert Shapiro said that "not only did he play the race card, he dealt it from the bottom of the deck". Well said.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    chris rock in his HBO special said it well - people may think you are guilty if you hire Johnny Cochran, but at least you know you are going home!! (this if from your sister, i forget my login and password)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home