Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Friday, October 29, 2004

David Dreier & Political Human Sacrifice


I have been getting alot of new readers to my blog lately and people have been asking me from out of town what this is all about. It all stems from the fact that California has and is being overrun by illegal immigrants from south of the border. The democrats are out in the open about the fact that they would like to give the illegals amnesty while most Republicans say they are against illegal immigration, but in the end most of them support amnesty and a whole host of other related issues on illegal immigration. So Enter John Kobylt and Ken Chiampou of KFI radio station based in Los Angeles. It all came to boil when the Border Patrol rounded up some illegals in an "interior sweep" in Temecula. This sweep caused congressman Joe Baca to march into Asa Hutchinson's office to demand that the sweeps be halted. Asa caved in to Rep. Baca and the rest they say is history. John & Ken went on a rampage on their show the next day and that is how political human sacrifice was born. They decided that since most politicians weren't listening to the will of the people that they would make an example out of a Republican congressman to make the point that if they can defeat a congressman from "safe" district(such as Dreier's 26th district), that this will send a huge message to all the other congressman. The effort so far has been a smashing success. It will be even more successful when the two targeted congressmen are defeated next week.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger JoeBruin88 said…

    Allan,

    While I agree with Jon and Ken about the lawsuit thing being lame and that they should have the freedom of speech to speak their opinion about Dreier, I disagree with what I heard them advocate on their show today while driving home from work.

    They encouraged the listeners to vote against all incumbents. And to not vote Republican because of the lawsuit. Disagreeing with Dreier is one thing, but the people who are advocating total abandonment of the Republican party are just plain stupid. I'd rather have Bush instead of Kerry, for example, or Jones instead of Boxer. And if I were eligible, I would not vote for Dreier if I were living in that district. However, I would not throw away my values for the rest of the party just because one Congressman filed suit with the help of the Republican party.

    What do you think?

    Gerry

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I completely agree Gerry. John & Ken weren't advocating abandoning the entire party, it was one of the callers if I recall that was saying that. I just want to beat Dreier to send a message to other congressman that our votes will not be taken for granted anymore when it comes to illegal immigration here in California and the nation.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home