Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Quick trip to the San Diego Zoo Today

The traffic going to and from San Diego is just getting so ridiculous. We left the OC today at 1:30pm and didn't arrive in downtown S.D. until 3:45pm. That's a trip that normally takes a little over an hour from where I live in Irvine. The 5 freeway is just plain jam packed with too many cars. If they're going to approve all the new housing being built,they might want to think of the impact that it is going to have on congestion. What sucks is that you'd think on a weekend that there would be no traffic, but you would be dead wrong on that assumption. As I was listening to the traffic report on the radio, it was nice to hear that we weren't the only ones suffering. There's too many freakin'people in Southern California for the current roads to handle. I'd be nice if our tax dollars could go towards widening and building new roads, but I guess I won't hold my breath. Here would be my platform if I ever ran for office: #1 would be to widen and build more roads, round up all the illegal immigrants and deport them back home wherever that might be, don't raise any taxes & cut spending across the board to get to balance, and abolish speed limits on the highways. I guess you could boil it down to a platform of "quality of life" issues. Sure there are other things to do, but those would be the things I would concentrate on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home