Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, June 21, 2004

My experience at the Reagan Library last week

I wanted to share with everyone here on the blog of my experience at the

Reagan Library.Ronald Reagan was my hero.He championed freedom and liberty more than any modern politician IMO.I left my house at 7:45pm .The drive to the library is about 100 miles from my house.My wife and I arrived at the staging area of Moorpark College at 12:30am this morning after waiting three and half hours just to get off the freeway.We got in the line for the shuttle at 1am this morning.At 6am we finally boarded the bus to the library.The five hour wait in line seemed to go by very fast as we made many new friends while waiting.At 6:20am we arrived in the rotunda where the President's body lay in repose.It really was a surreal moment and it was all I could do to hold back tears.The viewing lasted no more than two minutes.I will never forget this day as long as I live.Rest in peace Mr President.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home