Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Monday, June 21, 2004

Lakers are a mess

As the old C&R clothiers ad used to say,"what a difference a day makes",all I can say is wow.In one 24 hour period,the Lakers have given Phillip his walking papers,alienated Shaq to the point of him demanding a trade,Kobe saying he is opting out of his contract,Horace Grant retiring,and anything else that I forgot.It truly has been an amazing turn of events for the LA Lakers.Feel free to hit the panic button anytime now Mitch Kupchak or dial 911 and hope Jerry West answers the phone because this team is officially done for awhile.I used to joke about the Clippers being the lakers JV team,but now they might give the Lakers a run for their money for the right to call themselves the best team in LA.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I doubt if Riley will come back or if Dr. Buss would even allow that to happen.I don't know the circumstances that he left when he last coached.I agree that if they trade "The Daddy" they should try to move him to a east coast team.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home