Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Update On My Sister Amy Bartlett

It has been one and half years since my sister Amy was diagnosed with with stage 3B Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She is now in remission and doing great. In fact this next weekend, she will be running in the NYC Marathon with the Lance Armstrong Livestrong Team. She emailed me earlier this week to ask me what song I would dedicate to her for her iPOD marathon playlist. Without hesitation I choose Bruce Springsteen's "No Surrender" from his Born In The USA album. The title speaks for itself...not to mention it is a great song to workout to. Amy was interviewed by Lance's foundation before the race. Without further ado....

Click here to watch her video

2 Comments:

  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allan --
    This is fantastic news. I am very happy for your sister and your family.

    You may be wrong about everything politically (but spot on about the financial crisis), but you are a terrific brother.

    I am delighted for you all.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks, Big Al! :) I will let you all know how I do. Thanks for the song selection.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home