Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Ron Paul Revolution

Never before have I been so energized to be part of a campaign. I think I was pretty gung ho when Jim Gilchrist ran against John Campbell, but it doesn't compare to the feeling I have right now for Ron Paul and this Presidential campaign. I have learned a lot the past few years about the business of campaigning through my tireless/unpaid volunteer efforts. I am going to leverage what I have learned the past few years to help this campaign any way I can. I think a post over at Lew Rockwell has it best:
Never in American political history has there been a booming volunteer-driven, decentralized effort like Ron Paul's. All over the country, tens of thousands of self-directed individuals and groups print their own yard signs, banners, push cards, and bumper stickers; organize their own neighborhoods, towns, and states, and regions; rally & raise money; go door-to-door; demonstrate near malls & traffic intersections; register and organize voters; educate themselves in the new and old classics of liberty; create YouTubes; make phone calls; dominate FaceBook and MySpace; set up Yahoo groups, blogs, mailing lists, and Meetups; and even buy their own billboards. In an industry used to central direction & very tight control, this is a spontaneous and perhaps unstoppable revolution. In DC, they're feeling the ground move under their feet, & fearing the future. In America, they've seldom felt so much hope.
There is no doubt in my mind that Ron Paul and this movement behind him represents the greatest opportunity in my lifetime to restore our republic. Get involved now.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allan

    I congradulate you on getting involved. I agree that the Paul campaing will be the first Presidential campaign that will be a test of the internet and it's tools.

    I still believe that Paul can come in 2nd or 3rd in New Hampshire, but it will take many ground troops. I might suggest you take a little of nthe Bartlett vacation time and go to the Granite State to canpaign next year.

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It's a unique moment in history. If he can keep building the wave of grassroots support and couple it with a professional get out the vote op i.e The Leadership Institute Playbook, I believe he will be able to be very competitive in the early primaries. That's one thing I learned about that 48th CD special election two years ago. Win the election with absentees before elction day rolls around.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I wasn't alive for it, but from everything I've read about the Goldwater movement, what's happening today is something very similiar. We might...check that...we probably will get our ass handed to us at the polls next year, but what better time to start a libertarian/conservative movement to build on like the Goldwater one. It paved the way for the great one Ronald Reagan in 1980.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home