Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, August 12, 2004

California Supreme Court Voids Gay Marriages

Just when I thought California had gone over the liberal edge, The Ca. Supreme Court today announced that they are voiding all gay marriages that happened about six months ago. This brings a little sanity back into process in my opinion. If the people of California wanted gay marriage, they would have voted for it when it was on the ballot a few years ago. As it stands right now though, mayors do not have free reign to hand out marriage licenses like Gavin Newsome did. I'm sure that gay marriage proponents are filling out their appeal to the Ninth Circuit as I'm writing this. I am predicting right here and now that the Ninth Circus err Circuit will overturn the California Supreme Court ruling and that the US Supremes will have to again slap the liberal 9th judges back down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home