Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Turnout Update For The 35th SD Race

My wife just went to vote over at our polling place during her lunch break at 12:30pm and she was only the 17th person to have voted out over 2000 in the precinct since the poll opening. That is pathetic! This is going to be a super low turnout election in my estimation. Whoever wins the absentee vote will be the winner IMO. I predict 16% overall turnout with these numbers. Really sad.

*****************4:30PM UPDATE**********************

I was lucky number 44 when I went and filled in my ballot for Diane Harkey. That's right, we've got about three and half hours until poll closing and I was only the 44th person to vote out of over 2000. This is great news for Diane Harkey because we all know that Dave Gilliard is the best at the absentee ballot chase. This race is over. Game, set, match Tom Harman. Only 3 or 4% of the vote is going to be walk-up votes out of the total turnout percentage. I'm disappointed that more people can't get off their ass to go vote. It only takes a few minutes out of the day.

BTW, what's up with going back to the paper ballots? I liked the electronic voting machines. I liked em because it it has always tweaked the liberals and their conspiracy theories about Diebold stealing elections for Republicans, etc. They were very user friendly too.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just in case there is a doubt in anyone's mind . . . I want to go on record that I cast my ballot for Diane Harkey!!! Go Diane!!

    Lynn Bartlett

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guys have got to be kidding...
    1.) She's not a serious contender
    2.) $$ doesn't buy elections
    3.) Too new
    4.) No accomplishments, other than buying the DP council seat
    5.) The GOP anointment game is beginning to stink big time
    6.) No tangible record
    7.) Too shrill on TV
    8.) Perception of big money

    EQUALS -- Loser.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home