Powder Blue Report

News, finance, politics, sports, and fun from the west coast

Thursday, December 29, 2005

2006 Political Dead Pool

I want to make sure that everyone understands this. I am predicting who I think is going to lose re-election next year(2006) for local, state, and federal offices. I am not saying that I think these people are going to die. Now with that out of the way, onto who I think is political roadkill for 2006.

Let's start with the biggest pick of the year, Arnold Schwarzenegger. Yes Arnold sure had me and millions of other conservative Californians hoodwinked that he would strive for reform in the state. All this ended up being is one big bad experiment gone horribly wrong. The nail in his coffin was his hiring of Gray Davis retread Susan Kennedy to be his new Chief of Staff after the special election. I predict that he will not be re-elected.

Next we have Congressman David Dreier. He barely survived getting John & Ken'd last cycle and he has not learned his lesson that it is not smart politics to represent illegal aliens & Mexico rather than your actual constituents. My prediction is that he gets defeated in the GOP primary by either Sonny Sardo or John March.

The next pick is one of my biggest hopes of coming true. I predict that US Senator Lincoln Chaffee of Rhode Island gets beat in the GOP primary by Steve Laffey thus ridding the Senate GOP caucus of a big RINO.

My last pick is another personal favorite, Larry Agran. I think with Larry losing his political brain/consigliere Ed Dornan, he will not be able to withstand the natural GOP majority in Irvine anymore as the voters in Irvine finally send Larry packing into political exile. R Scott Moxely of the OC Weekly seems to agree with me about this pick. Here's his latest column about Larry Agran

Lastly, how could I forget about Tom Harmon. My prediction is that he is going to lose badly to Diane Harkey for the open seat here in the 35th Senate District. Mr Harmon is the ultimate RINO politician. This is a conservative performing Senate District as far as voters who actually show up to vote. So even though the special is an open primary like the way he got elected in the first place, I predict that Diane will far out poll Mr. Harmon on April 11th next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home